Mitigating and Restoring Harrisonburg Water Damage
SERVPRO Responds Fast to Water Damage Concerns
Urgent action is necessary for many situations involving water and leaks in your home. Mitigation is vital to protecting the property and its contents from the irreparable harm resulting from unresolved water emergencies. Initial actions to recover residences after disasters can include:
- Water Removal
- Content Cleaning
- Controlled Demolition
- Mold Prevention
No mitigation for Harrisonburg water damage is efficient without getting the process started as soon as possible. Because each of these elements is unique to the overall restoration of a house, SERVPRO professionals can respond at the first notice of loss with our Green Fleet of service vehicles, production trucks, and trailered equipment.
Focusing on Rapid Containment
Containment is one of the first actions that our professionals will take after situations like burst pipes or water leaks. Protecting areas of the house not yet damaged by migrating moisture and standing water concerns is essential. While physical barriers can be partially responsible for stopping water movement in the home, mitigating steps like water removal services instantly benefit the property and at-risk building materials.
Needed Extraction Solutions
Water removal services provide the most trackable and recognizable impact to improve conditions in a structure after water emergencies. Eliminating surface water is the utmost priority for our team, as prolonged exposures can compromise structural integrity, cosmetic quality, or allow secondary effects like mold. Tools used include:
- Submersibles - These machines are meant to be dropped into standing water and use high-pressure vacuum systems to pull water through the unit and discharge it to a designated point.
- Vacuums - These portable extractors eliminate surface water when it is only a couple of inches in depth or less. The versatility of vacuums makes them a preferred water removal tool.
- Special Tools - When vacuums and pumps are no longer effective, specialty tools like weighted extractors and light wands help when water becomes trapped.
Effective Drying for the Structure
Much like extraction, drying requires several tools and approaches to be successful. Our SERVPRO IICRC-certified professionals rapidly evaluate environmental conditions and the state of impacted building materials to provide the best solutions for issues like:
- Wet Surfaces - Surface water is among the easiest to target and resolve. Air movers and portable heaters are essential tools for the effective evaporation of wet surfaces. We can daisy chain multiple air movers together to lessen the need for available outlets.
- Trapped Water - Water can migrate through the property quickly, infiltrating areas like structural cavities and becoming trapped. Weep holes allow for drainage and airflow, but it will be positive and negative pressure systems to have a direct impact on this threat.
- Saturation Damage - Prolonged moisture exposure to porous materials leads to absorption concerns. Drying mats and other evaporative equipment can help pull moisture to the surface for extraction. This is especially effective with wood flooring water damage, allowing us to protect planks from becoming distorted or warping when water chemically alters the molecular composition.
Is SERVPRO Ready for Repairs and Build-Back?
Our general contractor license is among the main advantages of looking to SERVPRO for post-water damage repairs and restoration. Because these emergencies typically require rebuilding or reconstructing impacted areas, this experienced division of our roster seamlessly transitions to post-restoration construction.
Harrisonburg water damage incidents require swift action from experienced restoration professionals. As leading restorers for the large service region we represent, we are a trusted name to help in an emergency to make it "Like it never even happened." Give our SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties team a call at (540) 433-6100.