Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Moist conditions are not uncommon for Harrisonburg homes, making it hard for many property owners to avoid damages like mold growth. As a leading remediation team for the region, we can provide fast and effective mold removal solutions to protect your residence and its contents.
Effective Mold Inspections Help Focus Removal Efforts
An advantage to our SERVPRO team's experience is the ability to inspect the property upon arrival thoroughly. Early actions taken to reduce the spread and severity of mold conditions result from information gathered in pre-job scoping and damage assessment.
The Range of Remediation Approaches
With multiple types of mold remediation possible for homes and businesses, careful considerations go into the best approach. Efficiency and complete mold removal are the criteria for choosing the ideal removal technique. This can be based on the impacted materials, the severity of the infestation, or the threats of more significant mold damage concerns without prompt action. We can help with:
- Mold removal
- Basement mold remediation
- Attic mold removal
- Bathroom mold cleanup
- Black mold damage repairs
Removing Mold Odors from Threatened Homes
One of the telling signs of mold activity in your home is a harsh smell impacting the entire work zone. Musty odors generated by volatile organic compounds overwhelm the property and can be challenging to remove without advanced deodorization practices. Remediation kit and begin smells, but hydroxyl machines and ozone generators play a role in completely removing offensive malodors.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (540) 433-6100
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (540) 433-6100
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 2110 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: